Items to bring:
Texture Wheels: bring a rod or knitting needle
Texture plates: Bring Bake Bend clay
There will be many objects to choose from to create, but bring your favorites rubber stamps, buttons, charms etc. that you might want to share with other.
- Sculpey Mold Maker- will make a rigid mild, needs baking
- Sculpey Bake & Bend- flexible, needs baking
- Air Dry Clays- each brand works a little different
- Model Air Dry Modeling Clays- takes long time to dry, temporary rigid molds, no release, soft and easy to work with, no shrinkage
- Crayola Air dry brand does not stand up to molding
- Silicone Putty- Easy Mold Silicone Mold Putty for Casting and Jewelry Making, no shrinkage, cures in 25 minutes,2 part
- Two 4x4 glass tiles or acrylic for pressing pieces into clay
Bring at least one piece one small glass for pressing. Your large hollow roller would be good to bring. You want to be able to see your items you are pressing into the mold.
Lots and lots of scrap clay !!!!!
Non stick surface- Teflon crafting sheet works well or deli sheets
Resists: cornstarch and brush, amoral, spray bottle of water- bring them all
Large hollow roller – a small jar may do too
Buttons for sticks-must hold up to baking
Carving tools if you have them
Graph paper- available
Hot glue gun, hot glue sticks and balsa wood if you would like to try something new
Small bowl you can lay clay in and bake
Light color clay of choice for your bowl
Color method of choice such as pearl ex with applicators
Baking tiles-recommend one for bottom and one for top to keep them flat—BRING MORE THAN ONE SET